Sunday, June 2, 2013

Let Brotherly Love Continue

Hebrews 12:28-13:1 (ESV)

28 Therefore let us be grateful for receiving a kingdom that cannot be shaken, and thus let us offer to God acceptable worship, with reverence and awe, 29 for our God is a consuming fire.

13 Let brotherly love continue.


Once again, tornadoes and flooding have taken lives and property. I am reminded of my desire to one day work with a Christian disaster relief team. I was thinking about that idea when the Holy Spirit prompted me to remember there are plenty of people around me who are devastated. No, their houses have not been blown away or washed away, but their self-worth or trust might have been. I will pass by many in my own church today who will need a touch or a listening ear. It is easy to watch television and find a mission field in the uttermost parts of the earth and don't get me wrong, I want to go to those places. But, it is sometimes hardest to reach out to the woman next to me who has in some way been bruised or battered.
As believers, we have a powerful testimony of a kingdom that cannot be shaken with a King who is the same yesterday, today, and forever. He does not run out of love and acceptance, mercy and grace. I am convicted that we need to be paying attention to those around us like we do those on the news and be willing to bring them the Good News of the unshakable kingdom. I pray my worship be acceptable today and my eyes be open...let brotherly love continue and let it flow through me.

No comments:

Post a Comment