Wednesday, August 14, 2013

An Attribute a Day... Day 3, by Janice Gleason

An Attribute a Day Will Help Keep Us in God’s Way”
[An attribute describes God’s character]
A.  Attribute of God: Faithful
This attribute reveals God’s firmness and constancy in His relationship with men, especially His own people.  It is closely connected to His goodness, mercy and unconditional love.  He is the Covenant-Keeping God.  It is a fruit of the Holy Spirit for believers.

1.   “Nevertheless, God’s solid foundation stands firm, sealed with this inscription: ‘The LORD knows those who are His,’ and, ‘Everyone who confesses the name of the LORD must turn away from wickedness.’” 2 Timothy 2:19
2.   “I am with you and will watch over you wherever you go and I will bring you back to this land.  I will not leave you until I have done what I have promised you.” Genesis 28:15
3.   “Let us hold unswervingly to the hope we profess, for He who promised is faithful.” Hebrews 10:23
4.   “I said to myself, ‘The LORD is my portion; therefore I will wait for Him.” Lamentations 3:24
5.   “There is no fear in love.  But perfect love drives out fear, because fear has to do with punishment.  The one who fears is not made perfect in love.”

B.  Quote to Ponder:
Beloved, let us love.”
LORD, what is love?
“Love is that which inspired My life and led Me [faithfully] to My cross.  Love is that which will make it thy joy to lay down thy life for thy brethren.” 
LORD, evermore give me this love [increase it]. 
“Blessed are thy which do hunger and thirst after love, for they shall be filled.”  Amy Carmichael

C.  Personal Touch of the Holy Spirit:
1.   Promise – How did the Holy Spirit console or comfort or encourage you as you read the Scriptures about God’s faithfulness to you?
2.   Press – In what area of your own personal holiness does the Holy Spirit seem to be pressing you to yield to Him?
3.   Probe – What relationship is He probing and calling you to consider in light of God’s faithfulness to you?  What circumstance?  What difficulty?  What frustration?

4.   Prod – What will you do in response to His personal prodding?

No comments:

Post a Comment