Wednesday, August 21, 2013

God's Prescription: REST!

Psalm 127:2 (NLT)

It is useless for you to work so hard
    from early morning until late at night,
anxiously working for food to eat;
    for God gives rest to his loved ones.
I knelt this morning surrendering my day to my LORD and to HIS will. My prayer started something like this, "LORD, I give you this day..." In the back of my mind, I was thinking of all I previously thought this day held, but that was before yesterday's sinus infection diagnosis. I have a tendency to try to pack too many things into a normal day and then force myself to get those things done. My prayer went on with these words, "protect me today from my own will to accomplish things. Let your will prevail." My own will to accomplish things. If I am left alone with it, it will surely destroy me...not just in the area of busyness, but in the area of trying to conform others as well.
What specific will of your own would destroy you if the LORD took HIS hands off and let it have it's way in you? Will you surrender that will to HIM today and let HIM give you HIS rest? So sorry for the late post. Now back to bed.  

No comments:

Post a Comment