Tuesday, May 14, 2013

God's Secrets

Deuteronomy 29:29

New Living Translation (NLT)
29 The Lord our God has secrets known to no one. We are not accountable for them, but we and our children are accountable forever for all that he has revealed to us, so that we may obey all the terms of these instructions.
I don't know about you, but I can get very caught up in trying to figure things out, even spiritual things. The truth is: I am only responsible for what the Lord has revealed to me. If I don't know His will yet about a particular thing, it's okay to do nothing. The problem comes when I don't do the things I know I am supposed to do or when I push forward in an area where He has not yet given me direction. Let me give you an example. Our family has a legitimate need. We have been praying and asking the Lord to give us clear direction. No answer has come so we are waiting. However, in a totally different area about which we were not praying, the Lord brought a need to our attention and very clearly gave us the go ahead to move forward.  For now, the means by which the first need is going to be met remains a mystery. I need to wait and trust knowing that when the time comes, He will tell us what we need to know. 
This truth can apply to simple day to day issues like I have described or big theological questions. If He wants us to know He will reveal it to us. We have many questions regarding our Lord and the mysteries that surround Him. When we are tempted to focus on the mysteries, we could better spend our time in His Word getting to know all He has told us about Himself. How does this principle apply to your life?

No comments:

Post a Comment