Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Continual Guidance


Isaiah 58:11 (ESV)

11 And the Lord will guide you continually
    and satisfy your desire in scorched places
    and make your bones strong;
and you shall be like a watered garden,
    like a spring of water,
    whose waters do not fail.

Measured by the world's standards it would appear that we messed up big time...UGH! We had no idea...not even a hint. We did not fail to heed the warnings, because there weren't any. There were no reminders. There were no notices. Actually, I read a sentence about it 6 months prior. It didn't register. We thought we had followed all the steps carefully and it was all taken care of.  We simply did not know. Have you ever felt this way? ...that the situation was out of your hands. Have you found yourself helpless? From the moment we found out, I knew there was nothing we could have done differently. So I sent an email, prayed for favor and mercy, and waited. The answer..."Nothing can be done." It was one of those moments when I had to lean against my Lord and know we had done all we knew to do to follow Him. We WERE following Him. Nothing to do except go to the Word, read the truth, and let the truth have it's way in me. My Lord does continually guide me...continually...all the time. He doesn't take breaks from guiding me. He doesn't take breaks from guiding you either. He will give us drink when we are parched...this very verse is drink for my parched heart. He will strengthen us. We are not dried up. We are not finished. We have not failed. He will keep on guiding us all the way through!

No comments:

Post a Comment