Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Set Your Focus on Jesus

John 6:16-21(NLT)

Jesus Walks on Water

16 That evening Jesus’ disciples went down to the shore to wait for him. 17 But as darkness fell and Jesus still hadn’t come back, they got into the boat and headed across the lake toward Capernaum. 18 Soon a gale swept down upon them, and the sea grew very rough. 19 They had rowed three or four miles when suddenly they saw Jesus walking on the water toward the boat. They were terrified, 20 but he called out to them,“Don’t be afraid. I am here!” 21 Then they were eager to let him in the boat, and immediately they arrived at their destination!
This is my favorite of all the stories in the Bible involving Jesus and the disciples out on the sea. I can relate to the guys in this story because often when a storm is raging in my life, I fail to recognize Jesus in the midst of it.  He promises to work all things together for my good so obviously He must be working. I have a tendency to get so focused on the storm that I don't see Him. He is good to make His presence known to me. Then when I get my focus off the storm and onto Jesus, I am able to see that I am right where He intended for me to be all along. What storm is raging in your life today? Will you ask Jesus to make His presence known and then choose to focus on Him?

Isaiah 26:3 (NLT)

You will keep in perfect peace
    all who trust in you,
    all whose thoughts are fixed on you!

No comments:

Post a Comment