Friday, February 1, 2013

Meet Me


Deuteronomy 31:8(ESV)

It is the Lord who goes before you. He will be with you; he will not leave you or forsake you. Do not fear or be dismayed.”


In 2002, we moved to Mississippi to help my dad care for my mom who was struggling with Alzheimer's disease. It was a tough time in our lives. During that time, the Lord taught me to pray and ask Him to "meet me in the lamplight." It was in the lamplight at night that I would have my quiet times with the Lord after Keith and the girls were asleep. In our time together, my Lord comforted me and prepared me for the next day. We had sweet communion and I was able to pour out my heart to Him. Since then, I have learned to ask Him to meet me other places...in worship services, in Bible study, in heart to heart moments, in difficult situations and conversations, in chaos, in joyful times with friends, and even in the car... Where do you need the Lord to meet you today? Ask Him and trust He will be there waiting for you.
Lord, Meet me in the _____________.

No comments:

Post a Comment