Monday, February 25, 2013

One of Those Days!


Psalm 139:13-16

Amplified Bible (AMP)
13 For You did form my inward parts; You did knit me together in my mother’s womb.
14 I will confess and praise You for You are fearful and wonderful and for the awful wonder of my birth! Wonderful are Your works, and that my inner self knows right well.
15 My frame was not hidden from You when I was being formed in secret [and] intricatelyand curiously wrought [as if embroidered with various colors] in the depths of the earth [a region of darkness and mystery].
16 Your eyes saw my unformed substance, and in Your book all the days [of my life] were written before ever they took shape, when as yet there was none of them.

Have you ever had "one of those days" when you just didn't feel good (not sick, but not good either)? When you wished you could crawl back in bed and steer clear of all circumstances and people because you felt ill equipped for handling anything or anybody? A day when it wasn't that you didn't have anything to contribute, but just that you couldn't find the words to use to bring it? A day when you thought the best thing you could do for all concerned was to rest and regroup and try again tomorrow? I had a day like that recently. Just when I was about to call and say I can't come today, I realized it was really to late to back out. "But Lord," I reasoned, "Will my presence make that much difference? That's all I can contribute...my presence." I pressed on and made it through. That night, I sat before the Lord and surrendered the things that were hard about the day. I asked Him to help me to entrust them to Him and not give in to the temptation to pick them back up and worry or "stew" over them. In that moment with my Lord, I realized that He totally understood how I had felt all day. He made me with all of my thoughts, feelings, and emotions. He made me flesh and bones with weaknesses and limits. He even came and dwelt here on earth in a body like mine. He totally "gets it." He knows what it's like to be tired, to want to get away from the crowd, and to handle frustrating situations. God's word says He was tempted in all things like I am. He knows what it's like to want to call-in sick and crawl back in bed. He knows what it's like to muster courage, strength, and discipline and go on. Whatever happens today, will you trust that He knows exactly how you feel? Let this truth bring comfort to your body and soul!

No comments:

Post a Comment