Sunday, February 24, 2013

Gloria's Testimony


2 Corinthians 12:9 (ESV)

But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly of my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may rest upon me.

In February 2009, my mother-in-law, Gloria(see pic below), died after and intense battle with colon cancer.  Her suffering was incredible. Yet her attitude remained focused on her Lord. Her faith did not waiver. The last four months of her life, she spent almost entirely in the hospital. The cancer had moved into her hip and a fracture put her in rehab for some of that time. I remember one particular phone conversation when we talked about the labor of it all...the work it required from her. She said to me, "I ask the Lord every day to give me His strength." At that moment, I was brought back to reality in my own life. I had been so busy and worn thin in my own world striving to get by on my own strength. I had forgotten that my Lord's strength was available to me. Gloria's testimony was freedom to me. Comfort and peace washed over me as I asked the Lord to give me His strength for all that was on my plate. How could I have forgotten? All I needed to do was ask. In what area of your life do you need God's resources? Are you worn out from striving on your own? He has stored up for us the supply to meet all our earthly needs. Would you pray this prayer and fill in the blanks? Father, today I need your _________ to be able to _________________. I trust you for it! I put my faith in your ability and not my own. Help me to wait on you and not rush ahead. In Jesus Name, Amen 


No comments:

Post a Comment