Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Guest blog by Christie Loboda

Vengeance is Mine
At the end of Genesis chapter 34 we find Jacob's sons blaming their horrific vengeful deeds on someone else.  When they were brought to task for it by their father they acted as if they had been forced to commit this sin.  This is never true.  As much as I hate to admit it - I and I alone am responsible for my sin - no one can cause me to sin. Yes, a horrible, horrible thing had happened to their sister and they were bent on revenge, but revenge was not their job - not even their right…

Rom 12:19 & 21(HCSB)
19 Friends, do not avenge yourselves; instead, leave room for His wrath. For it is written: Vengeance belongs to Me; I will repay, says the Lord.
21 Do not be conquered by evil, but conquer evil with good.

Where are you dealing with past mistreatment/abuse of yourself or of someone you love?
Where have you let evil conquer you?  How would handing it over and letting God deal with it benefit you in the long and short run?  How might it benefit those around you?

No comments:

Post a Comment