Saturday, March 16, 2013

Saturday in the Psalms (Psalm 133)


Psalm 133 (NLT)

A song for pilgrims ascending to Jerusalem. A psalm of David.

How wonderful and pleasant it is
    when brothers live together in harmony!
For harmony is as precious as the anointing oil
    that was poured over Aaron’s head,
    that ran down his beard
    and onto the border of his robe.
Harmony is as refreshing as the dew from Mount Hermon
    that falls on the mountains of Zion.
And there the Lord has pronounced his blessing,
    even life everlasting.

One thing you may have picked up on from reading my blogs is that I truly enjoy companionship. I love to have a friend come along side me in fun or when there is a task to perform. I'm not bothered by which one of us takes the lead. I just like to go at it together. This is one of the things I so enjoy about writing a Daily Discipleship Blog...I love journeying together, growing together, studying God's Word together, and praying together. I also love when you, the reader, in turn write a comment or share a post with your friends. Then we are truly going at it together. It is my privilege beginning Sunday, March 17 to bring you guest blogs from several of my friends. These are ladies who journey alongside me in life. I laugh with them, cry with them, study God's Word with them, pray with them, and serve with them. These women have amazing hearts for the Lord. They are gifted in more ways than I can begin to list. I know you will enjoy these blogs tremendously!
Who does God have you journeying alongside right now? Websters says, harmony is 1. a combination of parts into a pleasing or orderly whole; 2. agreement in feeling, action, ideas, interests, etc.; peaceable or friendly relations. God's Word says harmony is precious and refreshing. We are blessed to have friends who journey alongside us in harmony. Together, God uses our different gifts, talents, abilities, and personalities to form a pleasing whole. In other words, together we can do great things! Will you spend a few minutes thanking God for those who journey with you? And if harmony needs to be restored, will you ask God to use you as His instrument for restoration?  Have a wonderful "Guest Blog" week and I will be back to blogging on Friday, March 22. Be sure to leave comments...the ladies will love your interaction.

No comments:

Post a Comment