Friday, March 1, 2013

Not My Will...


Romans 5:10 Amplified Bible 

10 For if while we were enemies we were reconciled to God through the death of His Son, it is much more [certain], now that we are reconciled, that we shall be saved (daily delivered from sin’s dominion) through His [resurrection] life.

I bring you this quote from Prayer, Conversing with God by Rosalind Rinker.
All the known and unknown rebellions of my life are being taken care of through the power of Jesus Christ's resurrected life. I know, too, that He expects me to cooperate with Him in bringing my will under His control, so that all these rebellions can be stripped of their dominating power. When, face to face, I am alone with Him in prayer, and His love is pouring over me, somehow it is possible to hand over to Him the specific thing I wanted to manage myself. 
This word of testimony which the author has tagged to Romans 5:10 reminds me of the powerful work my Lord can do in me when I surrender my will to Him. Isn't it true, too, what she says about how much easier the task of surrender is when we are enveloped in His love in prayer? After all, it is His kindness that leads us to repentance. What is the Lord asking you to surrender? Is there some sin that stands in the way and interrupts your prayer life...a grievance, an attitude, a behavior? Today, will you kneel in prayer and let go of the thing that ensnares you? What promise of overcoming victory awaits us when let Him have His way!

Philippians 1:6 Amplified Bible 

And I am convinced and sure of this very thing, that He Who began a good work in you will continue until the day of Jesus Christ [right up to the time of His return], developing [that good work] and perfecting and bringing it to full completion in you.



 

No comments:

Post a Comment