Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Guest Blog by Christie Loboda


Back on Track
In chapter 35 of Genesis we find Jacob back on the right track - getting himself and his family back into a right relationship with God - They had stayed too long in a place God never intended them to linger.  They had compromised and conformed to the pagans around them.  Now they were choosing God - ridding themselves of the foreign gods and good luck charms they had accumulated. They were outwardly cleansed representing their need for inward cleansing and headed to Bethel where God had told them to go so many years earlier.      I must admit I have more trouble with rushing ahead than lingering or settling behind - I just pick up and run right THROUGH Bethel to the other side somewhere THEN look up and ask - Hey!  Where'd God go?  Why am I in this mess?  What happened to the plans I made? - why are things not working out like I planned?? And I have to rid myself of some idols, get cleaned up, turn back around and see … He never left … I just had my back turned facing my own "stuff" ignoring Him and His promises!
What compromises have you and your family made?  Where are you allowing the outside world to influence your family?
Where do you need to move ahead or back up to the place God wants you to be?

1 comment:

  1. Here's the scripture that went with this ... not sure where it got off to!
    Col 1:20-22 (NLT)
    20 and through him God reconciled everything to himself.
    He made peace with everything in heaven and on earth by means of Christ’s blood on the cross.
    21 This includes you who were once far away from God. You were his enemies, separated from him by your evil thoughts and actions. 22 Yet now he has reconciled you to himself through the death of Christ in his physical body. As a result, he has brought you into his own presence, and you are holy and blameless as you stand before him without a single fault.
    …amazing!

    ReplyDelete