Sunday, July 7, 2013

Lord, It's hard...

Psalm 4:1, 3 (NLT)

Answer me when I call to you,
    O God who declares me innocent.
Free me from my troubles.
    Have mercy on me and hear my prayer.

You can be sure of this:
    The Lord set apart the godly for himself.
    The Lord will answer when I call to him.
I had a moment yesterday when to my surprise I heard myself share with my Lord about a situation that is difficult for me right now. Not impossible and not noticeable to friend or family...just difficult for me. I said to my Lord, "It is hard." My interaction with my Lord makes me think of developing friendship...can you relate? For example, when you are growing in friendship with someone and out of your mouth comes some truth that you haven't shared with any other. Yet now, you have chosen to disclose it to this one who is dear. In situations like that, aren't you astounded when in return your friend says, "I wondered when you would mention that" or "I thought that might be hard for you"? Those moments soar a friendship to new heights. I found that same kind of refreshing in my Lord. Just opening myself to him and admitting that the situation is hard for me made a world of difference.
What troubles you today? What is hard for you to deal with? Will you take it to your Lord and entrust Him with it? Of course, He is already very aware, but telling Him about it will make a world of difference in you.

No comments:

Post a Comment