Friday, January 18, 2013

Come, buy and eat!

Isaiah 55:1-3 English Standard Version (ESV)
55 “Come, everyone who thirsts,
    come to the waters;
and he who has no money,
    come, buy and eat!
Come, buy wine and milk
    without money and without price.
Why do you spend your money for that which is not bread,
    and your labor for that which does not satisfy?
Listen diligently to me, and eat what is good,
    and delight yourselves in rich food.
Incline your ear, and come to me;
    hear, that your soul may live;
and I will make with you an everlasting covenant,
    my steadfast, sure love for David.

Yesterday's blog regarding being "thirsty" for the Lord reminded me of these verses. The Lord so longs to satisfy us but often we are tempted to go out and find satisfaction for ourselves. He has prepared all that is good for us and yet we chose our own way. He questions us, "Why do you spend your money for that which is not bread, and your labor for that which does not satisfy?" I want him to open my eyes to see my worthless investments. I want to come and buy what he has for me that is available without money and without price. I want his bread and his wine. Don't you? Lord, help us not to settle for anything less than what you have provided for us in Christ Jesus! He has paid the price for our redemption! He has bought us! Let us rejoice!

1 Peter 1:18-19 New International Version (NIV)
18 For you know that it was not with perishable things such as silver or gold that you were redeemed from the empty way of life handed down to you from your ancestors, 19 but with the precious blood of Christ, a lamb without blemish or defect.

Romans 6:23 New International Version (NIV)
23 For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.


No comments:

Post a Comment