Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Wholehearted, Willing Minded Service

1 Chronicles 28:9-10

English Standard Version (ESV)

David's Charge to Solomon

“And you, Solomon my son, know the God of your father and serve him with a whole heart and with a willing mind, for the Lord searches all hearts and understands every plan and thought. If you seek him, he will be found by you, but if you forsake him, he will cast you off forever. 10 Be careful now, for the Lord has chosen you to build a house for the sanctuary; be strong and do it.”

Yesterday we looked at what it means to "know God." Today let's think about serving "with a whole heart and with a willing mind." This is an "attitude is everything" verse. David knew that the project ahead of Solomon was huge. David, the man after God's own heart, knew the struggles Solomon would face if he allowed wrong motives to creep in or became distracted or discouraged or perhaps even worse, if he became more focused on the building than the One he was building the temple for. This causes me to think of the projects I'm currently working on. How would the Lord rate my attitude? The verse goes on to say "the Lord searches every heart and understands every thought and plan." The Lord truly knows me. I might be able to convince the person next to me that I'm not really complaining, but my Lord sees straight to my heart. What's on your "To Do" list today? Does your attitude need to be altered in order to finish well in the Lord's sight?  How will the Lord use your good attitude to encourage those around you? Let's make our Lord the focus of our day and ask Him to fill us with a attitude of service that is pleasing in His sight! I pray this verse from Colossians encourage you...have a great day!

Colossians 3:23-24

English Standard Version (ESV)
23 Whatever you do, work heartily, as for the Lord and not for men, 24 knowing that from the Lord you will receive the inheritance as your reward. You are serving the Lord Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment