Sunday, January 6, 2013

Sunday with the Shepherd

Psalm 23 is probably one of the most familiar Psalms. Likely, you have some portion of it memorized. It thought it would be a wonderful Sunday blog to bring us back to the comfort of this familiar text and challenge us to reflect on it's words...savor them...linger in them with our LORD, the Shepherd Himself. Let's take note of all we will experience in Him when we surrender and allow Him to take the lead...I look forward to your insights...please post them in the comments below. Enjoy!


Psalm 23

A psalm of David.

The Lord is my shepherd;
    I have all that I need.
He lets me rest in green meadows;
    he leads me beside peaceful streams.
    He renews my strength.
He guides me along right paths,
    bringing honor to his name.
Even when I walk
    through the darkest valley,[a]
I will not be afraid,
    for you are close beside me.
Your rod and your staff
    protect and comfort me.
You prepare a feast for me
    in the presence of my enemies.
You honor me by anointing my head with oil.
    My cup overflows with blessings.
Surely your goodness and unfailing love will pursue me
    all the days of my life,
and I will live in the house of the Lord
    forever.

2 comments:

  1. God is so good. He gives us all that we need and then pours more and more upon us. My cup sure overflows!

    I can't help but think of the time in our lives when our son and daughter-in-law lost 4 precious babies all too soon. For some reason, God allowed it. Then in his infinite wisdom and mercy, he brought a precious little 2 day old boy to them who needed a home. Then a few years later, he brought that little boy's two sisters to our family. Even though we still grieve for those lost, we know that we would not have these three in our lives unless we had experienced those losses. God saw and was not absent through it all. We thank Him for these children and look forward to meeting those four babies in Heaven one day.

    Again, God is so good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Debbie, Thank you for being so very transparent with us. I am blessed and I know others are as well. God is so very good! I rejoice with your family over the joy He has given all of you in these precious children.
    ~Christy

    ReplyDelete