Friday, January 4, 2013

My ROCK!


Psalm 61

For the choir director: A psalm of David, to be accompanied by stringed instruments.

O God, listen to my cry!
    Hear my prayer!
From the ends of the earth,
    I cry to you for help
    when my heart is overwhelmed.
Lead me to the towering rock of safety,
    for you are my safe refuge,
    a fortress where my enemies cannot reach me.
Let me live forever in your sanctuary,
    safe beneath the shelter of your wings!

Do you remember several years ago these verses were included a popular worship song? "When my heart is overwhelmed, lead me to the rock that is higher than I..." I had this song in my head one day recently as I faced a roller coaster of emotional ups and downs. There were amazing things that happened and there were times of disappointment. There were times I clapped in triumph and times I shuddered in fear. I even shed tears of joy. All of this in the same day. I know all of you have had days like that too. The one thing that remained constant all day was David's ROCK, my ROCK. HE is my help, my safety, my refuge, my fortress, my sanctuary, and my shelter! HE hears me, leads me, and protects me! I wonder which of these things I will need HIM to be today. I wonder which ones you will need HIM to be today. Which one do you need HIM to be in this very moment? Let us together cling to Prov. 18:10 "The name of the LORD is a strong fortress, the godly run to him and are safe" and may our prayer be that the words of our mouths and meditation of our hearts be pleasing to HIM our ROCK and our REDEEMER! (Ps. 19:14) Happy Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment