Sunday, April 21, 2013

Awake Oh My Soul, Guest Blog by Marianne Chamblee


Psalm 118:24 (ESV)

24 This is the day that the Lord has made;
    let us rejoice and be glad in it.

The dawn pushes back the curtains of night and a new day greets me.  What will I do with this day?
Micah 6:8 gives me my instruction; “He has told you O’Man what is good and what does the Lord require of you, but to do justice, to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God”.

In the words of Ralph S. Cushman;

I will not hurry through this day
Lord, I will listen by the way
To humming bees and singing birds
To speaking trees and friendly words
And for the moments in between
Seek glimpses of THY great Unseen

I will not hurry through this day,
I will take time to think and pray;
I will look up into the sky,
Where fleecy clouds and swallows fly
And somewhere in the day, maybe
I will catch whispers Lord from THEE.


No comments:

Post a Comment