Friday, April 26, 2013

He Will Finish What He Started


Philippians 1:6 (NLT)

And I am certain that God, who began the good work within you, will continue his work until it is finally finished on the day when Christ Jesus returns.

Whose spiritual growth have you entrusted to the Lord knowing that He will finish what He has begun in them? Is there a prodigal child? Is there one away at college? Do you have a friend or loved one who is struggling? Have you said all you know to say? Is there someone you long to be with who is facing the world alone? Is it hard for you to "let go and let God?" Paul trusted the Lord to keep working in the Philippians even in his absence. We can trust, too.

Dear Heavenly Father, 
I thank you for giving this truth to me regarding two people in my life. I confess that I have prayed less than I should for I have considered their choices "final." But, it was You who started the work in them and You will finish it. Help me to be faithful to pray. In Jesus Name...Amen

2 comments:

  1. I so needed to read this today. It encouraged me to continue to pray for a person because she certainly doesn't want to hear about the Lord from me. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Donna. This was a reminder we both needed. So good of our Lord to encourage us to keep on!

      Delete