Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Refreshment for the Chosen


Isaiah 43:18-22 (NLT)

18 “But forget all that—
    it is nothing compared to what I am going to do.
19 For I am about to do something new.
    See, I have already begun! Do you not see it?
I will make a pathway through the wilderness.
    I will create rivers in the dry wasteland.
20 The wild animals in the fields will thank me,
    the jackals and owls, too,
    for giving them water in the desert.
Yes, I will make rivers in the dry wasteland
    so my chosen people can be refreshed.
21 I have made Israel for myself,
    and they will someday honor me before the whole world.
22 “But, dear family of Jacob, you refuse to ask for my help.
    You have grown tired of me, O Israel!

Prior to this passage, the Lord through the prophet Isaiah, reminds the people of Israel of the time when He parted the Red Sea providing passage for them on dry land, and then, drown their Egyptian enemies. Here in verse 18, the Lord continues, "But forget all that- it is nothing compared to what I am going to do." Parting the Red Sea and wiping out an Egyptian army is huge stuff. Yet, the Lord has something even better planned so His people can be "refreshed." But, look at verse 22...they have grown tired of the Lord and refuse to ask for His help.
This concerns me for us as believers. I wonder how close we are to the refreshing God has for us when we tire of the process and stop asking for His help. Are you tired of praying for a relationship to be restored or for a friend to be saved? Have you grown weary in teaching your Sunday school class because you don't see any fruit? Have you accepted the current situation as permanent and stopped asking for the Lord's help? He wants us to stick with Him and continue asking in faith. It's possible that the He has already begun to do something new! Hang in there! Refreshing will come! Hold on to hope!

Hebrews 10:35-36 (NLT)

35 So do not throw away this confident trust in the Lord. Remember the great reward it brings you! 36 Patient endurance is what you need now, so that you will continue to do God’s will. Then you will receive all that he has promised.

No comments:

Post a Comment