Tuesday, April 30, 2013

HELP!

Psalm 46:1-3 (ESV)


46 God is our refuge and strength,
    a very present help in trouble.
Therefore we will not fear though the earth gives way,
    though the mountains be moved into the heart of the sea,
though its waters roar and foam,
    though the mountains tremble at its swelling. Selah
Verse 1 of this passage came to my mind today as I was praying. I thanked my Lord that not only is He ever present and ready to help in times of trouble, He is ready to help all the time. What a comfort! I don't know what all you have going on in your life right now, but for me, things are pretty busy and all of the things going on are important. I needed this reminder to ask Him for help. I need to get over my "I've got this one" attitude and start relying more on Him to help me even in the small stuff. For example, I should ask Him to "help" me maintain a good attitude as I go through my day. More often than not, the people I am interacting with are swamped with responsibilities, too. A clash of wills could cause things to sour in hurry. I could also ask Him to "help" me remember that He is in control when I feel like things are out of control. What about you? Is your load feeling especially heavy? Do you need  help? Is there someone you think isn't carrying their part of the load? Maybe the Lord wants to give you the strength for the task at hand and show you that with His "help," you can do it!

No comments:

Post a Comment